# Introduction of EMQ X Cloud Product
As the world's first fully hosted MQTT 5.0 public Cloud service, EMQ X Cloud provides EMQ X access platform services with one-stop operation and maintenance management and unique isolated environment. For customers using EMQ X Cloud for the first time, we offer you the opportunity to create a free trial deployment up to 180 days long.
EMQ X Cloud provides secure and reliable bidirectional communication for applications and IoT devices:
- Connecting massive devices, supporting deploying data to the cloud, and the communication between the devices.
- Supporting storing device event and message data in various databases and stream processing systems, and sending the control command to the device by calling cloud API.
With the basic computing infrastructure provided by Cloud service providers, EMQ X Cloud provides services to dozens of countries and regions around the world, providing low-cost, secure, and reliable Cloud services for 5G and Internet of Everything applications.
# Product capabilities
As a fully hosted EMQ X access platform service, EMQ X Cloud provides functions such as device access, device management, message storage, etc.
# Device access
It supports massive devices to connect to the cloud and provides stable and reliable bidirectional communication between devices and applications.
- Support standard MQTT protocol (including MQTT over WebSocket), and connect to the cloud with standard MQTT client library
- Support CoAP, MQTT-SN, LwM2M protocol and private TCP protocol access to meet the cloud requirements of various systems
- Provide cloud access solutions on different network equipment, industrial/edge equipment
- Provide open source multi-language/platform access example code for cross-platform migration guidance
- Perfectly fit EMQ product ecology of Kuiper (opens new window), Neuron (opens new window), Support dozens of industrial protocols to connect to the cloud
For multi-protocol and private protocol support, please submit Tickets for activation.
# Device management
To ensure flexibility, EMQ X Cloud does not directly provide device management-related functions but opens up capabilities through REST API and Rule Engine. Users can choose the functions they need to integrate with their device management system and IoT platform.
- Device authentication information management: The platform uses REST API to add, delete, check, and modify authentication information.
- View the online status of the device:
- The platform obtains a list of online devices through the REST API to check whether the device is online.
- The platform uses the Rule Engine to rewrite the status of the device in the private database or send it to a self-built service (Web service) when the device is online or offline.
- Device offline alarm: Notify the platform when the device is offline to determine whether an alarm is needed.
- Device online and offline history:
- The platform uses the Rule Engine to write the online and offline information into a private database or send it to a self-built service (Web service) when the device is online or offline.
- ACL permissions management for device publish and subscribe: The platform uses the REST API to add, delete, check and modify ACL permissions.
- Kick online device offline: The platform kicks online devices offline.
- Proxy subscription: The platform uses the REST API to subscribe or unsubscribe to topics for online devices.
- Publish a message to the device: The platform publishes messages to specified topics through REST API or MQTT access, and supports batch operations.
- Get device messages for bridging/storage: Through the rule engine, device events (online and offline, subscribe/unsubscribe, message publishing) and message data are stored in private databases (mainstream relational/non-relational, various time series databases) , Message queue Kafka and self-built web services.
- Business(such as message sending and receiving, connections) statistics: Get relevant statistics through REST API.
# Message storage (rule engine)
EMQ X Cloud supports configuring device messages, processing events, and responding rules by using the Rule Engine.
The Rule Engine not only provides a clear and flexible "configurable" business integration solution, but also simplifies the development process, improves user usability, and reduces the coupling between the business system and EMQ X.
Send to HTTP Service and other MQTT Services
- Send data to web service
- Bridge data to MQTT Broker
Save device event information and message data to the database, and use device events to drive business data
- Save data to MySQL
- Save data to PostgreSQL
- Save data to Cassandra
- Save data to MongoDB
- Save data to DynamoDB
- Save data to Redis
- Save data to ClickHouse
- Save data to TDengine
- Save data to OpenTSDB
- Save data to TimescaleDB
- Save data to InfluxDB
Bridge data to Kafka, RabbitMQ and other messaging and stream processing platforms
- Bridge data to Kafka
- Bridge data to Pulsar
- Bridge data to RocketMQ
- Bridge data to RabbitMQ
- Bridge data to RPC service
Consuming messages are sent to the device, and platform instructions are issued at the transaction level
- Issue Kafka consumption message to EMQ X
- Issue Pulsar consumption message to EMQ X
# Use Restrictions
Compared to the public Cloud IoT Hub platform, EMQ X Cloud has fewer usage restrictions. The relevant limitations in the table below depending on the number of connections purchased and the hardware performance of the corresponding parameters, which have been rigorously tested by EMQ.
In the following tables, the "no restriction" of EMQ X means that there are no technical restrictions. The performance of related items depends on the deployment specifications, and the specific data is subject to the actual use scenario.
# Connection communication
|Restriction description||EMQ X||Public cloud IoT Hub|
|Maximum number of simultaneous online connections||It depends on specifications, 1000-1000W+ optional. For more than 20W, please contact us with ticket||1W-50W|
|Number of connections established per second||1W||200-500|
|Number of topics subscribed by a single client||No restriction||10-100|
|Subscription requests per second by a single client||No restriction||10-1W|
|Uplink message speed by a single client||No restriction||QoS0：30/s QoS1：10/s QoS2：not support|
|Downlink message speed by a single client||No restriction||50-100/s|
|Throughput bandwidth per second for a single client||No restriction||512-1024KB|
|Single message length||1024KB by default. 1-256MB can be applied||256KB|
|Maximum storage time of offline messages||No restriction by default||1 week|
# Topic restrictions
|Restriction description||EMQ X||Public cloud IoT Hub|
|Number of Topic||No restriction||50 for Single product|
|Permission||Customize any topic permissions||The device can only publish and subscribe to its own limited number of topics|
|Subscribe/unsubscribe operation response time||immediately||5-10 seconds|
# Product Advantages
# Protocol Support Integrity
It supports MQTT protocol v3.1, v3.1.1, and v5.0 versions. It is the first public cloud service that supports MQTT 5.0, supports MQTT WebSocket service and fully supports QoS0, QoS1, and QoS2 levels of MQTT messages in the world.
# Fewer Restrictions on Use
Most public cloud IoT platforms have various usage restrictions, including the number of MQTT topics, message size, message rate, and access/communication mode. EMQ X Cloud has fewer usage restrictions, allowing you to integrate and use without hindrance.
# Significant cost advantage
It charges by cluster instances and message traffic instead of the number of messages, and the use of API and rule engine is unlimited. The cost also remains clear and manageable when the business expands massively.
# Fully hosted operation and maintenance
It can create a highly available MQTT cluster within a few minutes and immediately start device access. After that, our global service support team and EMQ experts will provide 7*24 uninterrupted operation and maintenance services throughout the entire life cycle. You can use tickets, emails, phone calls at any time to get quick responses.
# High availability and data security
It uses a high redundancy cluster architecture to ensure the high availability of services. It also protects your data security and business stability with a unique isolated environment. Each deployment cluster has its own public IP, dedicated VPC network, and separate EMQ X server and database server, which is more secure and reliable.
# Multiple protocol access, customize function extension
It supports the access of multiple communication protocols including MQTT, MQTT-SN, CoAP, LwM2M, and private TCP protocols, covering various industry applications; the privatization function can be customized according to your special usage scenarios to fully meet business needs.
# Capacity estimation and scaling
Automatically estimating capacity by the number of connections and message throughput. Planing for scaling through close monitoring. The cluster size can be adjusted smoothly with the scale of the business.
# Flexible data stream solution
It supports the real-time preprocessing of device events and message data and stores them in more than ten databases and message systems such as MySQL, Kafka, and InfluxDB on the cloud.